The gracious American Colonial house at 312 Sheridan Avenue in Piedmont is on the market for the first time in over 55 years. It was built in 1920 for Henry L. Chase and his young family. Chase was a commercial property and investment manager and chose this generous pie-shaped lot for his own home. Designed as a family home, the rooms are large, the ceilings are high, and many windows bring in lots of light. With five bedrooms and a flexible floor plan, there is plenty of room to play, study and/or work.
Retaining many of the original details, this classic house has recently been renovated throughout with a new kitchen and bathrooms, new exterior and interior paint, refinished hardwood floors and new landscaping. The unusual Dutch front door is capped with a curved pediment and flanked by square, paneled columns. Angled bay windows bring in light to the generous living and dining rooms. French doors on each side of the classic fireplace lead from the living room to the brick terrace with new wood benches. The dining room opens directly to the spacious kitchen with its 8-burner Viking stove and pot filler faucet, Viking refrigerator, marble counters and generous pantry space. The house has many of the original chandeliers. Beyond the kitchen, there is a family room with built-in bookcases, guest room and full bathroom, laundry room (once a breakfast room with corner cabinet) and interior access to the garage. A rear entrance opens directly from the driveway to the kitchen.