When I was younger, my family would always pile into the car and drive to the streets where the residents really went over the top with holiday lights. I remember oooing and ahhing at how far people had gone with lights. If you are in the East Bay and want to know where to go, here are some of my suggestions:
1. Picardy Street in East Oakland. Just about EVERY house on this entire street has lights and each house is connected to each other with a strand of lights as well. Here is where it is.
2. Or you can jump over to Alameda and take a look at “Christmas Tree Lane” – Thompson Avenue between High Street and Fernside if you want to see the definition of “over the top.”
3. The Oakland Zoo offers Zoolights every holiday season. Check here for the details.
4. Here is a website that gives you some specific addresses in the East Bay to check out.
6. The Mormon Temple in Oakland always has a spectacular light show.
7. Children’s Fairyland offers Fairy Winterland each December
Whatever you do, enjoy the holiday and have a great new year!